Utility Billing System
The ASP Utility Billing System is designed for
use in Municipalities and Water/Sewer Districts.
A few of
the key system features are:
- Security access by user and password. Each operator allowed
different levels of security by user script.
- The ability to process up to 20 consumption, flat rate and
percentage services like electricity, natural gas, water, sewer,
garbage, street lights, utility taxes, penalties and other
- Process pro-rated bills automatically by number of days of
service. The system also has the ability to automatically apply
utility deposits with the final bill.
- The Rate Study Analysis module allows the customer to run a
projected rate study by setting up a user-defined projected rate
- The ASP Utility Billing System interfaces with the ASP
Handheld, Touch and Radio Meter Reading Systems. Also interfaces
with all major meter reading vendors.
- Displays and/or prints each customer's master file information
and billing history accessed by account number, name, service
address or parcel number. History inquiry parameters include date,
transaction type (bills, bill adjustments, cash receipt, cash
receipt adjustments), in summary or detail with no past date
- Prints utility bills, work orders, delinquency and shut-off
notices, dunnage notices and customer labels. Ability to print
bills and delinquency notices to occupant, owner or both.
- Flags out-of-range readings during billing process.
- Allows the customer to change all constant fields/factors
including rates, steps, minimums, codes, classes, units and other
- Distributes cash receipts including partial payments
automatically following a user-defined formula.
- On line inquiry on all master file information available
during bill and cash receipt posting.
- Postnet barcode capable.
- Barcode printing available for cash receipt scanning.
- The Work Order module allows the processing and printing of
- Interfaces with the ASP Budgetary Accounting and Centralized
Cash Receipting Systems.