SystemThe ASP Fund Accounting/General Ledger
System is designed for use in Municipalities and Special
Governmental Districts. A few of the key system features are:
- Security access by user and password. Each operator allowed
different levels of security by user script.
- Process financial transactions including, checks, receipts,
interfund transfers, investments, redemptions, encumbrances,
budget amendments, prior year adjustments, general journal entries
on either a cash, accrual or modified accrual basis. All
transactions may be posted to expenditure, revenue or general
- Budget preparation of both revenues and expenditures with
eight previous years budget and actual amounts. Automatically
brings each account up in the chart of accounts for input of
budget amount or allows automatic budget import of a percentage of
the previous year's budget. Standard reports include the budget
report for budget amount, amount expended or received
month-to-date, year-to-date and variance. Adopted budget report
for proposed, approved and adopted budget with historical budget
- Automatically detects for duplicate invoice, check, purchase
- Allows access to vendor information while posting invoices to
add vendors and change to vendor information fields. Vendor
distribution can be preset up to 20 line items with set amounts or
- Automatic interface from the ASP Payroll System for employee
and employer cost distributions.
- Allows user-defined chart of accounts up to 25 characters.
- Allows the user to close out one budget year and go into the
next budget year and retain the ability to make correction in the
previous budget year.
- Performs an automatic month end and year-end processing.
- On screen or print of budget history by account number, date,
vendor number or transaction type.
- Automatic interface to Project/Job Cost System.
- Automatic message flag if over budget while posting invoices
and purchase orders.
- Standard reports are built into the monthly and annual
reporting. Also has user defined report generation. Popular
reports used are check register, outstanding check report, voucher
report, vendor report, monthly and annual expenditure and revenue
report, estimated expenditure and revenue report,
expenditure/encumbrance report, monthly and annual operation of
cash report, monthly and annual investment reports, monthly and
comparative balance sheet, cash requirements report, age analysis
report, combined balance sheet report and over budget report.
- Prints on pre-printed laser or continuous feed forms for
1099's, checks, vouchers, and vendor labels
© 2004 Application
Software Products, Inc. All rights reserved.